Generic Name and Formulations:
Vestronidase alfa-vjbk 2mg/mL; soln for IV infusion after dilution; preservative-free.
Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical Inc.
Indications for MEPSEVII:
Treatment of Mucopolysaccharidosis VII (MPS VII, Sly syndrome).
Limitations Of use:
Effect on the CNS manifestations of MPS VII has not been determined.
Adults and Children:
Premedicate with a non-sedating antihistamine with or without an antipyretic 30–60mins prior to infusion. Give as IV infusion over 4hrs (infuse first 2.5% of total volume over 1hr, then increase rate as tolerated over next 3hrs); see full labeling. 4mg/kg every 2 weeks.
Have appropriate medical support readily available. Should be administered under supervision of healthcare professional. Monitor during and for ≥60mins post-infusion for anaphylaxis; discontinue immediately if a severe systemic reaction occurs. Elderly. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Recombinant human lysosomal beta glucuronidase.
Infusion site extravasation, diarrhea, rash, anaphylaxis, infusion site swelling, peripheral swelling, pruritus.
Single-dose vial (5mL)—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Genetic Counseling Recommended for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- Higher-Dose Immunoglobulin Replacement Therapy in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- "Impressive" CNS Responses With Osimertinib Compared With Standard EGFR-TKIs in Patients With CNS Metastases at Baseline
- Study Zeroes in on Cause of Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer
- Higher Doses of Image-Guided Neoadjuvant Radiation Therapy Found to Be Safe in Locally Advanced NSCLC: Study
- Supply Shortages of Bacillus Calmette-Guérin Found to Spur Drug Rationing in Non-Muscle-Invasive Bladder Cancer
- Study Analyzing Postmarketing Data on Breast Implant Safety Sparks FDA Response
- Epacadostat and Pembrolizumab Combo Active in Relapsed NSCLC
- PD-1 Inhibitor Cemiplimab Shows Antitumor Activity in Relapsed NSCLC