MIOCHOL E Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Acetylcholine chloride 20mg, mannitol 56mg; per vial; pwd for reconstitution into intraocular soln.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Indications for MIOCHOL E:
To obtain miosis of the iris in seconds after delivery of the lens in cataract surgery, in penetrating keratoplasty, iridectomy and other anterior segment surgery where rapid miosis may be required.
Prepare soln immediately before use. Syringe filter has priming volume of 0.6mL. Instill into the anterior chamber before or after securing one or more sutures. 0.5–2mL produces satisfactory miosis.
Open under aseptic conditions only.
May be antagonized by topical NSAIDs.
Ocular effects (eg, corneal edema/clouding/decompensation); rare: systemic effects (eg, bradycardia, hypotension, flushing, breathing difficulties, sweating).
Blister pack—1 (vial + electrolyte diluent + sterile filter)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Erdafitinib Granted FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Urothelial Carcinoma
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab Improves Overall Survival, ORR in Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib May Be Effective in BRAF-Mutant Melanoma
- CLL: Venetoclax Plus Rituximab Improves 2-Year PFS
- Confronting Racial Disparities in Prostate Cancer Survival Outcomes
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma