Generic Name and Formulations:
Brimonidine tartrate 0.33%; topical gel; contains propylene glycol.
Galderma Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for MIRVASO:
Persistent (nontransient) facial erythema of rosacea.
≥18yrs: apply a pea-sized amount once daily to each of the five areas of the face (forehead, chin, nose, each cheek); spread gel smoothly and evenly in a thin layer. Wash hands after use.
<18yrs: not established.
Not for oral, ophthalmic, or intravaginal use. Avoid eyes, lips, irritated skin, or open wounds. Depression. Cerebral or coronary insufficiency. Raynaud's phenomenon. Orthostatic hypotension. Thrombangiitis obliterans. Scleroderma. Sjögrens syndrome. Severe or unstable cardiovascular disease. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Caution with beta-blockers, other antihypertensives, cardiac glycosides. Consider possibility of additive effects with CNS depressants (eg, alcohol, barbiturates, opiates, sedatives, anesthetics). Concomitant MAOIs may affect the metabolism and uptake of circulating amines; caution.
Erythema, flushing, burning sensation, contact dermatitis; systemic adverse reactions (eg, bradycardia, hypotension, dizziness), local vasomotor reactions (eg, pallor and excessive whitening, hypersensitivity [discontinue if significant]).
Gel—30g (tube or pump), 45g (tube)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Erdafitinib Granted FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Urothelial Carcinoma
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- NSCLC: Pretreatment Weight Loss May Be Linked to Socioeconomic Status
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- Model May Identify Patients With Gastric Cancer Likely To Benefit From Chemotherapy