Generic Name and Formulations:
Brimonidine tartrate 0.33%; topical gel; contains propylene glycol.
Galderma Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for MIRVASO:
Persistent (nontransient) facial erythema of rosacea.
≥18yrs: apply a pea-sized amount once daily to each of the five areas of the face (forehead, chin, nose, each cheek); spread gel smoothly and evenly in a thin layer. Wash hands after use.
<18yrs: not established.
Not for oral, ophthalmic, or intravaginal use. Avoid eyes, lips, irritated skin, or open wounds. Depression. Cerebral or coronary insufficiency. Raynaud's phenomenon. Orthostatic hypotension. Thrombangiitis obliterans. Scleroderma. Sjögrens syndrome. Severe or unstable cardiovascular disease. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Caution with beta-blockers, other antihypertensives, cardiac glycosides. Consider possibility of additive effects with CNS depressants (eg, alcohol, barbiturates, opiates, sedatives, anesthetics). Concomitant MAOIs may affect the metabolism and uptake of circulating amines; caution.
Erythema, flushing, burning sensation, contact dermatitis; systemic adverse reactions (eg, bradycardia, hypotension, dizziness), local vasomotor reactions (eg, pallor and excessive whitening, hypersensitivity [discontinue if significant]).
Gel—30g (tube or pump), 45g (tube)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Genetic Counseling Recommended for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Study Analyzing Postmarketing Data on Breast Implant Safety Sparks FDA Response
- Higher-Dose Immunoglobulin Replacement Therapy in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Beyond BRCA: New Predisposition Genes Linked to Breast, Ovarian Cancers
- Despite Promising Trial Results, Skeptics Raise Red Flags About Anlotinib's Efficacy in Heavily Treated NSCLC
- Higher Risk of MGUS in Relatives of Patients With Multiple Myeloma Confirmed
- Brentuximab Vedotin Combo Active in Older Patients With Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Prostate Cancer Drug Resistance Mediated by Epigenetic Changes
- Nilotinib and Dasatinib Confer Similar Outcomes for Chronic-Phase CML