Generic Name and Formulations:
Colchicine 0.6mg; caps.
West-Ward Pharmaceutical Corp.
Indications for MITIGARE:
Prophylaxis of gout flares.
Limitations Of use:
Not studied for acute treatment of gout flares during prophylaxis. Not for treating pain from other causes.
0.6mg once or twice daily; max 1.2mg/day.
Renal or hepatic impairment with concomitant CYP3A4 and P-gp dual inhibitors (life-threatening toxicity possible). Concurrent renal and hepatic impairment.
Monitor for toxicity; if present, consider temporary interruption or discontinuation. Renal or hepatic impairment. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
See Contraindications. Avoid concomitant CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, clarithromycin, ketoconazole, grapefruit juice, erythromycin, verapamil) and/or P-gp inhibitors (eg, clarithromycin, ketoconazole, cyclosporine); if unavoidable, reduce daily dose and monitor for colchicine toxicity. Concomitant statins, fibrates may potentiate myopathy and rhabdomyolysis.
Diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain; blood dyscrasias (myelosuppression, leukopenia, granulocytopenia, thrombocytopenia, pancytopenia, aplastic anemia), neuromuscular toxicity, rhabdomyolysis, overdosage (may be fatal).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Confronting Racial Disparities in Prostate Cancer Survival Outcomes
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole: An Effective First-Line Therapy for Advanced Breast Cancer
- FDA Approves Nilotinib for Pediatric Patients With CML
- Nicotinamide and Cancer
- Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab Improves Overall Survival, ORR in Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib May Be Effective in BRAF-Mutant Melanoma