Generic Name and Formulations:
Isosorbide mononitrate 10mg, 20mg; scored tabs.
Kremers Urban Pharmaceuticals
Indications for MONOKET:
Prophylaxis and treatment of angina. Not for acute attacks.
20mg upon awakening then 20mg 7 hrs later. Small patients: may start with 5mg per dose for 1 day, then increase to 10mg by 2nd or 3rd day (scheduled as above).
Concomitant PDE-5 inhibitors (eg, sildenafil, tadalafil, vardenafil), riociguat.
Acute MI. CHF. Hypotension. Volume depletion. Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Monitor for tolerance. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
See Contraindications. Severe hypotension, syncope, or myocardial ischemia with PDE-5 inhibitors; or hypotension with riociguat. Orthostatic hypotension with alcohol, other vasodilators, calcium channel blockers.
Headache, dizziness, orthostatic hypotension, GI upset, upper respiratory infection.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Erdafitinib Granted FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Urothelial Carcinoma
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- NSCLC: Pretreatment Weight Loss May Be Linked to Socioeconomic Status
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- Model May Identify Patients With Gastric Cancer Likely To Benefit From Chemotherapy