Generic Name and Formulations:
Coagulation Factor IX (human) 500 IU, 1000 IU; per vial; lyophilized pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution.
CSL Behring, LLC
Indications for MONONINE:
Prevention and control of bleeding in Hemophilia B.
Adults and Children:
Dosage Required (IU) = Body Weight (kg) × Desired Factor IX increase × 1 IU/kg. Individualize. Infuse at a rate of 2mL/min. Minor spontaneous hemorrhage, prophylaxis: increase FIX 15–25%; give up to 20–30 IU/kg once; may repeat in 24hrs if needed. Major trauma, surgery: increase FIX 25–50%; give up to 75 IU/kg every 18–30hrs for up to 10 days; adjust based on FIX levels. FIX inhibitors: may use higher doses.
Mouse protein sensitivity.
Not for Hemophilia A or other factor deficiencies, reversal of coumarin-induced anticoagulation or for bleeding due to low levels of liver-dependant coagulation factors. Fibrinolysis, disseminated intravascular coagulation (DIC), liver disease, neonates, or during post-op period; increased risk of thromboembolic events. Immune tolerance induction. Contains human plasma; monitor for possible infection transmission. Monitor for Factor IX inhibitors and deletion mutations of Factor IX gene; increased risk of hypersensitivity reactions. Pregnancy (Cat.C).
Headache, fever, chills, flushing, GI upset, tingling, lethargy, inj site reaction, elevated ALT, inhibitor development; hypersensitivity reactions, thrombosis.
Report all infections suspected to be transmitted by Mononine to (800) 504-5434.
Single-dose vial—1 (w. diluent, supplies)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- A Ketogenic Diet as an Adjunct to Cancer Treatment
- Patient-Reported Outcomes in Oncology Expected to Make Regulatory Waves
- Blinatumomab-Ponatinib Salvage Therapy in B-Cell Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia: Case Report of Benefit
- FDA Provides Update on Breast Implant-Associated Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma
- Metastatic Prostate Cancer Responds to Novel Radiation Therapy
- Nivolumab-Ipilimumab Survival Benefit in Advanced RCC Confirmed
- Two-Drug Combination Superior to Sunitinib in Patients With Untreated Advanced Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Adding Chemotherapy to Radiation Post-Radical Cystectomy Improves Survival in Urothelial Carcinoma
- Radiation, Chemotherapy Not Beneficial in Localized Upper Tract Urothelial Carcinoma
- Radical Cystectomy Superior to Trimodal Therapy for Muscle-Invasive Bladder Cancer