Ixazomib Plus Lenalidomide and Dexamethasone Well-Tolerated in Newly Diagnosed Multiple Myeloma
the Cancer Therapy Advisor take:
According to a new study published in the journal The Lancet Oncology, the combination of ixazomib plus lenalidomide and dexamethasone was well tolerated and demonstrated activity in patients with newly diagnosed multiple myeloma.
For the phase 1/2 study, the researchers sought to investigate the safety and effectiveness of ixazomib, a novel oral proteasome inhibitor, with lenalidomide and dexamethasone. Researchers enrolled 15 patients with newly diagnosed multiple myeloma to the phase 1 portion.
Those patients received escalating doses of ixazomib orally on days 1, 8, and 15, plus lenalidomide 25mg on days 1-21 and dexamethasone 40mg on days 1, 8, 15, and 22. Patients received up to 12 28-day cycles, following by treatment with ixazomib alone.
The recommended dose of ixazomib identified in phase 1 for phase 2 was 2.23mg/m2, which was converted to a 4.0mg fixed dose. In phase 2, researchers enrolled 50 participants and they received the same regimen as in phase 1 with ixazomib given at a dose of 4.0mg.
Results showed that grade 3 or higher adverse effects occurred in 63% of patients and five patients discontinued treatment due to adverse effects. Of the 64 response-evaluable patients, 58% (95% CI: 45 - 70) were said to have had a very good partial response or better.
Combination of ixazomib plus lenalidomide and dexamethasone was well tolerated.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- A Vegan Diet and Cancer
- As HPV-Related Cancer Rates Climb, Experts Scrutinize Barriers to HPV Vaccination
- Bowel Preparation for Colorectal Cancer Screening: Improving Outcomes
- Ponatinib Tops Bosutinib for Third-Line Treatment of CML in a Comparative Analysis
- Duvelisib Delayed Progression in CLL/SLL: Study
- FDA-Approved Breast Cancer Drug Treatments
- A Trained Dog Smells Early-Stage Lung Cancer With a High Degree of Accuracy
- FDA-Approved Prostate Cancer Drug Treatments
- FDA-Approved Colorectal Cancer Drug Treatments
- Synthetic or Plant-Based Cannabis for Symptom Relief in Patients With Cancer: Do We Have Any Evidence?
- Potential Diagnostic Tool Detects BCR-ABL1 mRNA in Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- BTK Inhibitor Zanubrutinib Appears Promising in Waldenström Macroglobulinemia
- Carfilzomib Regimens Offer a Neuropathy-Sparing Approach in Multiple Myeloma, WM
- Apalutamide Does Not Diminish Quality of Life in Nonmetastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer
- Treatment Delays May Mean Worse Survival in Head and Neck Cancer