Generic Name and Formulations:
Ethambutol HCl 100mg, 400mg+; tabs; +scored.
X-GEN Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Indications for MYAMBUTOL:
Susceptible pulmonary tuberculosis with other antituberculars.
Give once daily. Initially 15mg/kg per day. Retreatment: 25mg/kg per day, after 60 days decrease to 15mg/kg per day. Renal dysfunction: reduce dose.
<13yrs: not recommended.
Test visual acuity before beginning therapy and periodically; monthly if dose exceeds 15mg/kg per day. Monitor blood, renal, and hepatic function in long-term use. Gout. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Dermatitis, pruritus, joint pain, GI upset, fever, malaise, headache, dizziness, confusion, peripheral neuritis, gout, reduced visual acuity, optic neuritis.
Tabs 100mg—100; 400mg—100, 1000
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Genetic Counseling Recommended for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Study Analyzing Postmarketing Data on Breast Implant Safety Sparks FDA Response
- Higher-Dose Immunoglobulin Replacement Therapy in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Beyond BRCA: New Predisposition Genes Linked to Breast, Ovarian Cancers
- Despite Promising Trial Results, Skeptics Raise Red Flags About Anlotinib's Efficacy in Heavily Treated NSCLC
- Higher Risk of MGUS in Relatives of Patients With Multiple Myeloma Confirmed
- Brentuximab Vedotin Combo Active in Older Patients With Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Prostate Cancer Drug Resistance Mediated by Epigenetic Changes
- Nilotinib and Dasatinib Confer Similar Outcomes for Chronic-Phase CML