Generic Name and Formulations:
Tropicamide 0.5%, 1%; oph soln; contains benzalkonium chloride.
Alcon Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for MYDRIACYL:
For mydriasis and cycloplegia for diagnostic procedures.
Adults and Children:
For refraction: instill 1–2 drops of 1% soln in the eye(s); repeated in 5 minutes. An additional drop may be instilled if patient is not seen within 20–30 minutes. For examination of fundus: instill 1–2 drops of 0.5% soln 15 or 20 minutes prior to exam. Lacrimal sac should be compressed by digital pressure for 2–3 minutes after instillation to reduce excessive systemic absorption.
Remove contact lenses before use. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
May interfere with antihypertensive action of carbachol, pilocarpine, or ophthalmic cholinesterase inhibitors.
Ocular (eg, stinging, blurred vision, photophobia, superficial punctuate keratitis, transient elevation of intraocular pressure), dry mouth, tachycardia, headache, allergic reactions, GI upset, pallor, CNS disturbances (esp. in children).
Soln 0.5%—15mL; 1%—3mL, 15mL
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Erdafitinib Granted FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Urothelial Carcinoma
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab Improves Overall Survival, ORR in Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib May Be Effective in BRAF-Mutant Melanoma
- CLL: Venetoclax Plus Rituximab Improves 2-Year PFS
- Confronting Racial Disparities in Prostate Cancer Survival Outcomes
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma