Generic Name and Formulations:
Rimabotulinumtoxin B 2500 Units/0.5mL, 5000 Units/1mL, 10000 Units/2mL; soln for IM inj; contains human albumin; preservative-free.
US WorldMeds, LLC
Indications for MYOBLOC:
Cervical dystonia, to reduce severity of abnormal head position and neck pain.
Should be administered and managed by experienced physicians. Individualize. Treatment-experienced: Initially 2500 to 5000 Units divided among affected muscles. Treatment-naïve: use lower initial dose. Adjust subsequent doses based on response.
Infection at proposed inj site.
Distant spread of toxin effect.
Not interchangeable with other botulinum toxin products. Spread of botulinum toxin effects my be observed beyond the local injection site. Pre-existing dysphagia. Respiratory disorders. Neuromuscular disorders (eg, myasthenia gravis, ALS, Lambert-Eaton syndrome); monitor closely. Contains human albumin; monitor for possible viral disease transmission. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
May be potentiated by aminoglycosides or other agents interfering with neuromuscular transmission (eg, curare-like compounds). Concomitant other botulinum toxin products may potentiate neuromuscular paralysis.
Inj site reactions, dry mouth, dysphagia (may be severe), dyspepsia, headache; respiratory difficulties, allergic reactions (discontinue if occurs).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Genetic Counseling Recommended for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Study Analyzing Postmarketing Data on Breast Implant Safety Sparks FDA Response
- Higher-Dose Immunoglobulin Replacement Therapy in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Beyond BRCA: New Predisposition Genes Linked to Breast, Ovarian Cancers
- Despite Promising Trial Results, Skeptics Raise Red Flags About Anlotinib's Efficacy in Heavily Treated NSCLC
- Higher Risk of MGUS in Relatives of Patients With Multiple Myeloma Confirmed
- Brentuximab Vedotin Combo Active in Older Patients With Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Prostate Cancer Drug Resistance Mediated by Epigenetic Changes
- Nilotinib and Dasatinib Confer Similar Outcomes for Chronic-Phase CML