Generic Name and Formulations:
Nabumetone 500mg, 750mg; tabs.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Nabumetone:
Rheumatoid arthritis. Osteoarthritis.
Initially 1g once daily; max 2g/day in 1 or 2 divided doses. Renal insufficiency (CrCl 30–49mL/min): initial max 750mg once daily, may increase to 1.5g/day; (CrCl <30mL/min): initial max 500mg once daily, may increase to 1g/day.
Aspirin allergy. 3rd trimester pregnancy. Coronary artery bypass graft surgery.
Advanced renal disease: not recommended. History of upper GI disease or other ulcer risk. Cardiovascular disease. Renal or severe hepatic impairment. Fluid retention. Heart failure. Hypertension. Asthma. Monitor BP, renal and hepatic function. Discontinue if hepatic dysfunction or skin rash occurs. Monitor hemoglobin or hematocrit if signs of anemia occur. Avoid sun, UV light. Elderly. Debilitated. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Renal toxicity potentiated with diuretics. May potentiate lithium. May antagonize ACE inhibitors. Monitor oral anticoagulants (eg, warfarin). Caution with methotrexate.
GI bleeding or upset, edema, photosensitivity, dry mouth, dizziness, headache, fatigue, sweating, insomnia, nervousness, somnolence, rash (discontinue if occurs), pruritus, tinnitus. See literature re: risk of cardiovascular events.
Formerly known under the brand name Relafen.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Breast Implant-Associated Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma — In the Clinic
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- 5α-Reductase Inhibitors Do Not Increase Risk of High-Grade Prostate Cancer
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- NSCLC: Pretreatment Weight Loss May Be Linked to Socioeconomic Status
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- Model May Identify Patients With Gastric Cancer Likely To Benefit From Chemotherapy