Generic Name and Formulations:
Nabumetone 500mg, 750mg; tabs.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Nabumetone:
Rheumatoid arthritis. Osteoarthritis.
Initially 1g once daily; max 2g/day in 1 or 2 divided doses. Renal insufficiency (CrCl 30–49mL/min): initial max 750mg once daily, may increase to 1.5g/day; (CrCl <30mL/min): initial max 500mg once daily, may increase to 1g/day.
Aspirin allergy. 3rd trimester pregnancy. Coronary artery bypass graft surgery.
Advanced renal disease: not recommended. History of upper GI disease or other ulcer risk. Cardiovascular disease. Renal or severe hepatic impairment. Fluid retention. Heart failure. Hypertension. Asthma. Monitor BP, renal and hepatic function. Discontinue if hepatic dysfunction or skin rash occurs. Monitor hemoglobin or hematocrit if signs of anemia occur. Avoid sun, UV light. Elderly. Debilitated. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Renal toxicity potentiated with diuretics. May potentiate lithium. May antagonize ACE inhibitors. Monitor oral anticoagulants (eg, warfarin). Caution with methotrexate.
GI bleeding or upset, edema, photosensitivity, dry mouth, dizziness, headache, fatigue, sweating, insomnia, nervousness, somnolence, rash (discontinue if occurs), pruritus, tinnitus. See literature re: risk of cardiovascular events.
Formerly known under the brand name Relafen.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Genetic Counseling Recommended for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Higher-Dose Immunoglobulin Replacement Therapy in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- "Impressive" CNS Responses With Osimertinib Compared With Standard EGFR-TKIs in Patients With CNS Metastases at Baseline
- Study Zeroes in on Cause of Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer
- Higher Doses of Image-Guided Neoadjuvant Radiation Therapy Found to Be Safe in Locally Advanced NSCLC: Study
- Supply Shortages of Bacillus Calmette-Guérin Found to Spur Drug Rationing in Non-Muscle-Invasive Bladder Cancer
- Study Analyzing Postmarketing Data on Breast Implant Safety Sparks FDA Response
- Epacadostat and Pembrolizumab Combo Active in Relapsed NSCLC
- PD-1 Inhibitor Cemiplimab Shows Antitumor Activity in Relapsed NSCLC