Naphazoline HCl Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Naphazoline HCl 1mg (0.1%); oph soln; contains benzalkonium chloride.
Indications for Naphazoline HCl:
For use as a topical ocular vasoconstrictor.
Adults and Children:
Instill 1 or 2 drops in the conjunctival sac(s) every 3–4hrs as needed.
Anatomically narrow angle or in narrow-angle glaucoma.
Hypertension. Cardiovascular abnormalities. Diabetes. Hyperthyroidism. Infection. Injury. Children (esp. infants): may result in CNS depression leading to coma and marked reduction in body temperature. Discontinue if no relief obtained within 48hrs of therapy, if irritation, blurring or redness persists or increases, or if symptoms of systemic absorption occur. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Concomitant maprotiline or tricyclic antidepressants may potentiate pressor effect. Severe hypertensive crisis possible with concomitant MAOIs.
Sympathomimetic (imidazoline derivative).
Ocular (eg, mydriasis, increased redness, irritation, discomfort, blurring, punctate keratitis, lacrimation, increased intraocular pressure); systemic (eg, dizziness, headache, nausea, sweating, nervousness, drowsiness, weakness, hypertension, cardiac irregularities, hyperglycemia).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Erdafitinib Granted FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Urothelial Carcinoma
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab Improves Overall Survival, ORR in Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib May Be Effective in BRAF-Mutant Melanoma
- CLL: Venetoclax Plus Rituximab Improves 2-Year PFS
- Confronting Racial Disparities in Prostate Cancer Survival Outcomes
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma