NARCAN NASAL SPRAY Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Naloxone HCl 4mg; per spray; contains benzalkonium chloride.
Indications for NARCAN NASAL SPRAY:
Reversal of known or suspected opioid overdose, including respiratory and/or CNS depression.
Adults and Children:
Give as single spray intranasally into one nostril. May give additional doses (using a new nasal spray) every 2–3 mins in alternate nostrils if unresponsive or relapses into respiratory depression. Seek immediate emergency medical assistance after the first dose.
Not a substitute for emergency medical care. Known or suspected opioid dependence; abrupt reversal may precipitate acute withdrawal syndrome. Monitor patients with satisfactory response due to long duration of some narcotics. Post-op use in pre-existing cardiac disease. Have other resuscitative measures available. Elderly. Pregnancy; monitor for neonatal withdrawal symptoms. Nursing mothers.
Caution with cardiotoxic drugs. Incomplete reversal of buprenorphine or pentazocine; may require higher naloxone dose.
Increased BP, musculoskeletal pain, headache, nasal effects (eg, dryness, edema, congestion, inflammation); opioid withdrawal.
Single-dose nasal spray—2
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Confronting Racial Disparities in Prostate Cancer Survival Outcomes
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole: An Effective First-Line Therapy for Advanced Breast Cancer
- FDA Approves Nilotinib for Pediatric Patients With CML
- Nicotinamide and Cancer
- Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab Improves Overall Survival, ORR in Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib May Be Effective in BRAF-Mutant Melanoma