Generic Name and Formulations:
Mometasone furoate (as furoate monohydrate) 50mcg/spray; aqueous nasal spray.
Merck & Co., Inc.
Indications for NASONEX:
Treatment of seasonal and perennial allergic rhinitis symptoms in patients ≥2yrs of age. Prophylaxis of seasonal allergic rhinitis symptoms in patients ≥12yrs of age. Nasal polyps.
Allergic rhinitis: 2 sprays in each nostril once daily; prophylaxis: begin 2–4 weeks prior to anticipated start of pollen season. Nasal polyps: ≥18yrs: 2 sprays in each nostril 1–2 times daily.
Allergic rhinitis: <2yrs: not established. 2–11yrs: 1 spray in each nostril once daily. Nasal polyps: <18yrs: not established.
Maintain regular regimen. Respiratory tract tuberculosis. Infections (eg, ocular herpes simplex). If exposed to measles or chickenpox, consider anti-infective prophylactic therapy. If adrenal insufficiency exists following systemic corticosteroid therapy, replacement with topical corticosteroids may exacerbate symptoms of adrenal insufficiency (eg, depression). Monitor for growth suppression in children. Monitor for hypercorticism and HPA axis suppression (if occur discontinue gradually), and candida infection or other nasal mucosal changes. Glaucoma and/or cataracts. Discontinue if nasopharyngeal candida infection occurs. Avoid eyes. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Caution when concomitant ketoconazole (long-term) and other strong CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, ritonavir, cobicistat-containing products, atazanavir, clarithromycin, indinavir, itraconazole, nefazodone, nelfinavir, saquinavir, telithromycin); monitor.
Headache, viral infection, pharyngitis, epistaxis, cough, upper respiratory tract infections, pain, sinusitis, reduced growth velocity in children; rare: nasal ulcers.
Spray—17g (120 sprays)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Metastatic Prostate Cancer Responds to Novel Radiation Therapy
- Clinical Applications of Liquid Biopsies in Cancer
- Two-Drug Combination Superior to Sunitinib in Patients With Untreated Advanced Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Radical Prostatectomy Compared With Watchful Waiting in Localized Prostate Cancer
- Investigational Antiandrogen Drug Delays Metastasis in CRPC
- Treatment Guidelines in Cancer: Assessing Industry Influence on Recommendations
- American Society of Breast Surgeons Recommends Genetic Testing for All Patients With Breast Cancer
- No Benefit Seen From HSCT in Hypodiploid B-ALL
- Patients With CP-CML Deemed Less Likely to Continue Taking Generic Imatinib
- Opinion: Understanding the FDA's Take on Cannabidiol