Generic Name and Formulations:
Nesiritide 1.5mg/vial; pwd for IV inj after reconstitution and dilution; contains mannitol.
Indications for NATRECOR:
Acutely decompensated CHF with dyspnea at rest or with minimal activity.
2mcg/kg IV bolus once, then 0.01mcg/kg per minute by continuous IV infusion; limited experience with therapy >96 hours. Doses up to 0.03mcg/kg per minute have been used; see full labeling. Reduce dose or discontinue if symptomatic hypotension occurs.
Persistent systolic BP <100mmHg. Cardiogenic shock.
Not recommended in significant valvular stenosis, restrictive or obstructive cardiomyopathy, constrictive pericarditis, pericardial tamponade, other conditions where vasodilators are inappropriate, or when cardiac output is dependent on venous return, or in patients with low cardiac filling pressures. Impaired renal function (esp if severe heart failure); monitor serum creatinine during and after therapy until stabilized. Monitor BP closely. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Hypotension potentiated by ARBs and/or ACE inhibitors.
Vasodilator (human B-type natriuretic peptide).
Hypotension, headache, nausea, back pain, dizziness; hypersensitivity.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Erdafitinib Granted FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Urothelial Carcinoma
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab Improves Overall Survival, ORR in Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib May Be Effective in BRAF-Mutant Melanoma
- CLL: Venetoclax Plus Rituximab Improves 2-Year PFS
- Confronting Racial Disparities in Prostate Cancer Survival Outcomes
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma