Generic Name and Formulations:
Vinorelbine (as tartrate) 10mg/mL; soln for IV inj after dilution; preservative-free.
Pierre Fabre Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for NAVELBINE:
First-line treatment of patients with locally advanced or metastatic non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC), in combination with cisplatin. As a single agent, for the treatment of patients with metastatic NSCLC.
See full labeling. Give by IV inj over 6–10mins. Monotherapy: 30mg/m2 once weekly. Combination therapy: 25mg/m2 on Days 1, 8, 15, and 21 of a 28-day cycle with cisplatin (100mg/m2) given on Day 1 of each 28-day cycle; or 30mg/m2 once weekly with cisplatin (120mg/m2) given on Days 1 and 29, then every 6 weeks. Dose modifications for toxicities, hepatic impairment: see full labeling.
Risk of myelosuppression. Monitor for infection, and/or fever; obtain CBCs with differentials prior to each dose. Discontinue if neurotoxicity ≥grade 2. Pre-existing pulmonary dysfunction or neuropathy. Hepatic injury or impairment: assess hepatic function prior to and during treatment. Cardiovascular disease. Avoid extravasation. Embryo-fetal toxicity. Females of reproductive potential should use highly effective contraception during therapy. Pregnancy (Cat.D), nursing mothers: not recommended.
May be potentiated by CYP3A inhibitors. Increased risk of granulocytopenia with cisplatin.
Neutropenia, anemia, elevated liver enzymes, nausea, vomiting, asthenia, constipation, inj site reaction, peripheral neuropathy; hepatotoxicity, pulmonary toxicity, bowel obstruction, paralytic ileus.
Single-use vial (1mL, 5mL)—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Genetic Counseling Recommended for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Higher-Dose Immunoglobulin Replacement Therapy in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- "Impressive" CNS Responses With Osimertinib Compared With Standard EGFR-TKIs in Patients With CNS Metastases at Baseline
- Study Zeroes in on Cause of Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer
- Higher Doses of Image-Guided Neoadjuvant Radiation Therapy Found to Be Safe in Locally Advanced NSCLC: Study
- Supply Shortages of Bacillus Calmette-Guérin Found to Spur Drug Rationing in Non-Muscle-Invasive Bladder Cancer
- Study Analyzing Postmarketing Data on Breast Implant Safety Sparks FDA Response
- Epacadostat and Pembrolizumab Combo Active in Relapsed NSCLC
- PD-1 Inhibitor Cemiplimab Shows Antitumor Activity in Relapsed NSCLC