NEO-POLYCIN HC Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Neomycin (as sulfate) 3.5mg, polymyxin B sulfate 10000 Units, bacitracin zinc 400 Units, hydrocortisone acetate 1%; per g; oph oint.
Indications for NEO-POLYCIN HC:
Ocular inflammation associated with infection.
Apply in the affected eye every 3–4 hours; max 8g per therapeutic course.
Ocular fungal, viral or mycobacterial infections.
Do not inject into the eye. Corneal or scleral thinning. Glaucoma. Monitor IOP, and for secondary infections in prolonged use. Discontinue if sensitization reaction occurs. Reevaluate if no improvements after 2 days. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Antibiotics + steroid.
Local irritation, sensitization (itching, swelling, conjunctival erythema), masks infection, delays healing; in prolonged use: increased IOP, cataracts, corneal perforation, optic nerve damage.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Study Analyzing Postmarketing Data on Breast Implant Safety Sparks FDA Response
- Higher-Dose Immunoglobulin Replacement Therapy in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Beyond BRCA: New Predisposition Genes Linked to Breast, Ovarian Cancers
- Finding Clinical Trials in Cancer
- Adding Nintedanib Did Not Improve Survival in Lung Cancer Subtype
- The Identification of a Potential Early Plasma Biomarker for Kidney Cancer
- Pembrolizumab Plus Chemotherapy Extended Survival Longer Than Chemotherapy Alone: Study
- Combining Chemotherapy With Checkpoint Inhibitors Extends Overall Survival in ES-SCLC
- In a Head-to-Head Battle, Brigatinib Appears to Best Crizotinib