Neomycin/Polymyxin B Sulfates/Dexamethasone Oph Oint Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Neomycin (as sulfate) 3.5mg, polymyxin B sulfate 10000 Units, dexamethasone 0.1%; per g.
Indications for Neomycin/Polymyxin B Sulfates/Dexamethasone Oph Oint:
Ocular inflammation associated with infection.
Apply small amount into the conjunctival sac(s) up to 3–4 times daily; max 8g per therapeutic course.
Ocular fungal, viral or mycobacterial infections.
Do not inject into the eye. Corneal or scleral thinning. Glaucoma. Monitor IOP, and for secondary infections in prolonged use. Discontinue if sensitization reaction occurs. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Antibiotics + steroid.
Local irritation, sensitization (itching, swelling, conjunctival erythema), masks infection, delays healing; in prolonged use: increased IOP, cataracts, corneal perforation, optic nerve damage.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma