NEXIUM 24HR OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Esomeprazole 20mg (equivalent to 22.3mg esomeprazole magnesium trihydrate); delayed-release caps; contains gelatin.
Indications for NEXIUM 24HR:
Frequent heartburn (≥2 days/week). Not intended for immediate relief of heartburn (may take 1–4 days for full effect).
Swallow whole. Take before eating in the AM. ≥18yrs: 20mg once daily for 14 days; may repeat 14-day course every 4 months.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Heartburn >3 months. Frequent wheezing. Unexplained weight loss. Nausea/vomiting. Stomach pain. Reevaluate if condition continues or worsens after 14 days; >1 course of treatment every 4 months. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Proton pump inhibitor.
May affect or be affected by blood-thinning agents (eg, warfarin, clopidogrel, cilostazol), antifungals, digoxin, diazepam, tacrolimus, mycophenolate mofetil, antiretrovirals, methotrexate.
Diarrhea, rash, joint pain; discontinue if occurs.
Caps—14, 28, 42
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Light Therapy May Prevent Depression During Hospitalization Post-Transplant in Multiple Myeloma
- Re-treatment With Checkpoint Inhibitors in Some Patients with NSCLC May Be Feasible
- TNFi Not Linked to Increased Risk for Cancer Recurrence in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- IL-23 Drives Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer
- Immediate Instillation of Mitomycin C Post-TURBT May Benefit All Patients with Bladder Cancer