NICOTROL NS Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Nicotine 0.5mg/spray; aqueous nasal spray.
McNeil Consumer Healthcare
Indications for NICOTROL NS:
Adjunct in smoking cessation therapy.
Do not sniff, swallow, or inhale. Individualize. Usually 1–2 doses/hour; max 5 doses/hour, 40 doses/day for up to 3 months; may discontinue abruptly or taper.
Concurrent smoking or other nicotine products.
Avoid immediately post-MI, in arrhythmias, or severe or worsening angina pectoris. Hypertension. Vasospastic or coronary heart disease. Hepatic or severe renal impairment. Hyperthyroidism. Pheochromocytoma. Diabetes. Peptic ulcer disease. Elderly. Low doses may be toxic to children and pets. Nasal Spray not recommended in chronic nasal disorders. Pregnancy (Cat.D), labor & delivery: not recommended (attempt nondrug treatment first). Nursing mothers.
Nasal Spray antagonized by nasal vasoconstrictors. Smoking cessation potentiates theophylline, insulin, β-blockers, pentazocine, oxazepam, tricyclic antidepressants (eg, imipramine), caffeine, acetaminophen, adrenergic antagonists (eg, prazosin, labetalol), others. Smoking cessation antagonizes adrenergic agonists (eg, isoproterenol, phenylephrine), others.
Local irritation, GI upset, headache, dizziness, palpitations, hypertension.
Inhaler 42 cartridges—1 (w. inhaler and case); Nasal Spray 10mL (200 sprays)—1 (w. metered spray pump)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Study Analyzing Postmarketing Data on Breast Implant Safety Sparks FDA Response
- Higher-Dose Immunoglobulin Replacement Therapy in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Beyond BRCA: New Predisposition Genes Linked to Breast, Ovarian Cancers
- Finding Clinical Trials in Cancer
- Adding Nintedanib Did Not Improve Survival in Lung Cancer Subtype
- The Identification of a Potential Early Plasma Biomarker for Kidney Cancer
- Pembrolizumab Plus Chemotherapy Extended Survival Longer Than Chemotherapy Alone: Study
- Combining Chemotherapy With Checkpoint Inhibitors Extends Overall Survival in ES-SCLC
- In a Head-to-Head Battle, Brigatinib Appears to Best Crizotinib