Generic Name and Formulations:
Pimavanserin 17mg; tabs.
Indications for NUPLAZID:
Treatment of hallucinations and delusions associated with Parkinson's disease (PD) psychosis.
34mg (taken as two 17mg tablets) once daily without titration. Concomitant strong CYP3A4 inhibitors: 17mg once daily. Concomitant strong CYP3A4 inducers: monitor and dose increase may be needed.
Elderly with dementia-related psychosis: increased risk of death. Not for treating patients with dementia-related psychosis unrelated to the hallucinations/delusions associated with PD psychosis. Avoid in patients with known or congenital QT prolongation, history of cardiac arrhythmias, symptomatic bradycardia, hypokalemia, or hypomagnesemia. Hepatic or severe renal impairment (CrCl <30mL/min): not recommended. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Potentiated by strong CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, itraconazole, ketoconazole, clarithromycin, indinavir); reduce dose by ½. Antagonized by strong CYP3A4 inducers (eg, rifampin, carbamazepine, phenytoin, St. John's wort); monitor for reduced efficacy. Avoid concomitant use with other drugs known to prolong QT interval including Class 1A (eg, quinidine, procainamide, disopyramide) or Class 3 antiarrhythmics (eg, amiodarone, sotalol), certain antipsychotics (eg, ziprasidone, chlorpromazine, thioridazine), and certain antibiotics (eg, gatifloxacin, moxifloxacin).
Peripheral edema, confusional state, nausea, hallucination, constipation, gait disturbance.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Breast Implant-Associated Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma — In the Clinic
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- 5α-Reductase Inhibitors Do Not Increase Risk of High-Grade Prostate Cancer
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- NSCLC: Pretreatment Weight Loss May Be Linked to Socioeconomic Status
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- Model May Identify Patients With Gastric Cancer Likely To Benefit From Chemotherapy