Generic Name and Formulations:
Antihemophilic Factor VIII (recombinant), porcine sequence 500 Units; per vial; lyophilized pwd for IV inj after reconstitution.
Shire US, Inc.
Indications for OBIZUR:
Treatment of bleeding episodes in acquired Hemophilia A.
Limitations Of use:
Not established in baseline anti-porcine Factor VIII inhibitor titer >20 Bethesda Units (BU). Not for treatment of congenital Hemophilia A or von Willebrand disease.
Individualize. Give by IV inj at rate of 1–2mL/min. Minor and moderate bleed: initially 200 Units/kg every 4–12hrs; titrate subsequent doses to maintain 50–100 Units/dL. Major bleed: initially 200 Units/kg every 4–12hrs; titrate subsequent doses to maintain 100–200 Units/dL (to treat acute bleed) or 50–100 Units/dL (after acute bleed is controlled, if required). Adjust based on FVIII recovery levels and clinical response.
Hamster protein sensitivity.
Monitor for development of inhibitory antibodies; consider other therapies if suspected. Perform a Nijmegen Bethesda inhibitor assay if expected plasma FVIII levels not attained or if bleeding uncontrolled with expected dose. Monitor FVIII activity 30 mins and 3hrs after initial dose, then 30 mins after subsequent doses using one-stage clotting assay. Monitor replacement therapy in major surgery or life-threatening bleeding episodes. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Porcine factor VIII inhibitor development; hypersensitivity reactions (discontinue if occur).
Single-use vials—1, 5, 10 (w. diluent + vial adapter)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- A Ketogenic Diet as an Adjunct to Cancer Treatment
- Patient-Reported Outcomes in Oncology Expected to Make Regulatory Waves
- Blinatumomab-Ponatinib Salvage Therapy in B-Cell Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia: Case Report of Benefit
- FDA Provides Update on Breast Implant-Associated Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma
- Metastatic Prostate Cancer Responds to Novel Radiation Therapy
- Nivolumab-Ipilimumab Survival Benefit in Advanced RCC Confirmed
- Two-Drug Combination Superior to Sunitinib in Patients With Untreated Advanced Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Adding Chemotherapy to Radiation Post-Radical Cystectomy Improves Survival in Urothelial Carcinoma
- Radiation, Chemotherapy Not Beneficial in Localized Upper Tract Urothelial Carcinoma
- Radical Cystectomy Superior to Trimodal Therapy for Muscle-Invasive Bladder Cancer