Generic Name and Formulations:
Ciclesonide 50mcg/spray; aqueous nasal spray.
Indications for OMNARIS:
Treatment of seasonal allergic rhinitis in patients ≥6yrs old and perennial allergic rhinitis in patients ≥12yrs old.
2 sprays in each nostril once daily (200mcg/day).
Seasonal allergic rhinitis: <6yrs: not recommended. ≥6yrs: 2 sprays in each nostril once daily (200mcg/day).
Avoid use in patients with recent nasal ulcers/surgery/trauma until healed. Potential worsening of active tuberculosis; fungal, bacterial, viral, or parasitic infections, or ocular herpes simplex. If exposed to measles or chickenpox, consider immunoglobulin prophylactic therapy. If adrenal suppression exists following systemic corticosteroid therapy, replacement with topical steroids may exacerbate symptoms of adrenal insufficiency. Monitor for hypercorticism and HPA axis suppression (if occur discontinue slowly), and for candida infection and other nasal mucosal changes. Monitor for vision changes or with history of increased intraocular pressure, glaucoma and/or cataracts. Monitor for growth suppression in children. Avoid spraying eyes, or directly onto the nasal septum. Reevaluate if no improvement after 2 weeks (for seasonal allergic rhinitis) and 5 weeks (for perennial allergic rhinitis). Pregnancy (Cat. C). Nursing mothers.
May be potentiated by ketoconazole.
Headache, epistaxis, nasopharyngitis, ear pain, pharyngolaryngeal pain.
Nasal spray (pump)—12.5g (120 sprays)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Erdafitinib Granted FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Urothelial Carcinoma
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- NSCLC: Pretreatment Weight Loss May Be Linked to Socioeconomic Status
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- Model May Identify Patients With Gastric Cancer Likely To Benefit From Chemotherapy