Generic Name and Formulations:
Doxycycline 40mg (30mg immediate-release beads, 10mg delayed-release beads); caps.
Galderma Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for ORACEA:
Treatment of inflammatory lesions (papules and pustules) of rosacea. Limitations of use: this formulation has not been evaluated in the treatment or prevention of infections. Efficacy >16 weeks and safety >9 months have not been established.
Take on empty stomach in the morning with sufficient amount of fluids. 40mg once daily.
Do not substitute with other doxycycline products. Renal impairment. Hepatic insufficiency. Monitor blood, renal and hepatic function. Achlorhydria. GI surgery. Predisposition to candidiasis overgrowth. Avoid sun and UV light. Discontinue if pseudomembranous colitis or superinfection occurs and treat appropriately. Monitor for autoimmune syndromes. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.D), nursing mothers: not recommended. Not recommended for either gender if conception is planned.
Avoid concomitant methoxyflurane, penicillins, photosensitizers, oral retinoids. Reduced absorption with bismuth subsalicylate, acid pump inhibitors, antacids, calcium, magnesium, iron. May potentiate anticoagulants (eg, warfarin). May antagonize hormonal contraceptives (use back-up contraception). May be antagonized by metabolic enzyme inducers (eg, barbiturates, carbamazepine, phenytoin).
Nasopharyngitis, sinusitis, superinfection, diarrhea, dry mouth, hypertension, blood glucose increase, elevated liver enzymes or BUN; pseudomembranous colitis, autoimmune syndromes (discontinue if occurs), hyperpigmentation, photosensitivity; benign intracranial hypertension, teeth discoloration, others (see full labeling).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole: An Effective First-Line Therapy for Advanced Breast Cancer
- FDA Approves Nilotinib for Pediatric Patients With CML
- Nicotinamide and Cancer
- Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab Improves Overall Survival, ORR in Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib May Be Effective in BRAF-Mutant Melanoma