Generic Name and Formulations:
Miconazole 50mg; buccal tablet.
Midatech Pharma US Inc.
Indications for ORAVIG:
Local treatment of oropharyngeal candidiasis.
Do not crush, chew, or swallow. Alternate application site. Apply to upper gum region, hold in place for 30 seconds to ensure adhesion. ≥16yrs: 50mg once daily in the AM for 14 consecutive days.
<16yrs: not recommended.
Allergy to milk protein concentrate.
History of hypersensitivity to azoles; monitor and discontinue if allergic reactions develop. Hepatic Impairment. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
May potentiate anticoagulant effects with warfarin (monitor PT, INR, evidence of bleeding). Caution with drugs metabolized by CYP2C9 and CYP3A4 (eg, oral hypoglycemics, phenytoin, ergot alkaloids).
Diarrhea, headache, nausea, dysgeusia, upper abdominal pain, vomiting, possible allergic reactions.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Genetic Counseling Recommended for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- Higher-Dose Immunoglobulin Replacement Therapy in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- "Impressive" CNS Responses With Osimertinib Compared With Standard EGFR-TKIs in Patients With CNS Metastases at Baseline
- Study Zeroes in on Cause of Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer
- Higher Doses of Image-Guided Neoadjuvant Radiation Therapy Found to Be Safe in Locally Advanced NSCLC: Study
- Supply Shortages of Bacillus Calmette-Guérin Found to Spur Drug Rationing in Non-Muscle-Invasive Bladder Cancer
- Study Analyzing Postmarketing Data on Breast Implant Safety Sparks FDA Response
- Epacadostat and Pembrolizumab Combo Active in Relapsed NSCLC
- PD-1 Inhibitor Cemiplimab Shows Antitumor Activity in Relapsed NSCLC