Generic Name and Formulations:
Choriogonadotropin alfa (r-hCG) 250mcg/0.5mL; liq for SC inj.
EMD Serono, Inc.
Indications for OVIDREL:
Induction of final follicular maturation and early luteinization in infertile women as part of an Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) program. Ovulation induction where infertility is not due to ovarian failure.
250mg SC one day after last dose of follicle-stimulating agent, if adequate follicular development is evident, and only if there is no evidence of excessive ovarian response (e.g., significant ovarian enlargement, excessive estradiol production, multiple follicular development seen on ultrasound).
Ovarian enlargement and excessive follicular recruitment while undergoing menotropin therapy. Primary ovarian failure. Uncontrolled thyroid or adrenal dysfunction. Uncontrolled intracranial lesion (eg, pituitary tumor). Abnormal genital bleeding. Ovarian cyst or enlargement. Sex hormone-dependent tumors of reproductive system. Pregnancy (Cat.X).
Do complete gynecological and endocrinological exam first. Cardiac or renal disease. Epilepsy. Migraine. Asthma. Nursing mothers.
Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (discontinue if occurs) or enlargement, ascites, pleural effusion, ovarian cyst rupture, abdominal pain, multiple births, arterial thromboembolism, headache, irritability, restlessness, depression, fatigue, edema, local reactions.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- Nicotinamide and Cancer
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Opioid Prescription Protocol Decreases Opioid Use After Gynecologic Surgery
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole May Be Active in Recurrent Endometrial Carcinoma
- Affordable Care Act Increased Percentage of Insured Patients With Gynecologic Cancers
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole: An Effective First-Line Therapy for Advanced Breast Cancer
- FDA Approves Nilotinib for Pediatric Patients With CML