Generic Name and Formulations:
Methoxsalen 1%; lotion; contains alcohol 71%.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Indications for OXSORALEN:
As a topical repigmenting agent in vitiligo in conjunction with controlled doses of ultraviolet A (320–400 nm) or sunlight.
Individualize. Use gloves or finger cots to apply. Apply to to well-defined area of vitiligo, then expose to suitable source of UVA. Treatment intervals should be regulated by erythema response; generally once a week is recommended or less often depending on results. Pigmentation may begin after a few weeks with significant repigmentation after 6 to 9 months of treatment. Repigmentation occurs more rapidly in fleshy areas (eg, face, abdomen, buttocks) and less rapidly in less fleshy areas (eg, dorsum of the hands or feet).
Idiosyncratic reactions to psoralen compounds. Melanoma or history of. Invasive skin carcinoma. Photosensitivity diseases (eg, porphyria, acute lupus erythematosus, xeroderma pigmentosum). Children <12yrs.
To be used only by physicians; do not dispense to patients. Keep treated areas protected from sun. Possible increased risk of skin cancer; caution in patients with fair-skin, or those with history of prior coal tar UV treatment, or who have had ionizing radiation, or taken arsenical compounds. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Caution with concomitant photosensitizing agents (eg, anthralin, coal tar or derivatives, griseofulvin, phenothiazines, nalidixic acid, halogenated salicylanilides, sulfonamides, tetracyclines, thiazides, certain organic staining dyes).
Severe burns (from overexposure to UVA).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Erdafitinib Granted FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Urothelial Carcinoma
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab Improves Overall Survival, ORR in Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib May Be Effective in BRAF-Mutant Melanoma
- CLL: Venetoclax Plus Rituximab Improves 2-Year PFS
- Confronting Racial Disparities in Prostate Cancer Survival Outcomes
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma