OXYTROL FOR WOMEN OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Oxybutynin 3.9mg/day; transdermal patch.
Merck Consumer Care, Inc.
Indications for OXYTROL FOR WOMEN:
Overactive bladder with symptoms of urge urinary incontinence, urgency, and frequency.
≥18yrs: Apply to clean, dry and smooth area on the abdomen, hips, or buttocks. Use 1 patch for 4 days in a row. Remove patch after 4 days and apply new one. Rotate application sites. Dispose properly with sticky sides together.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Male patients. Pain or burning when urinating. Blood in urine. Unexplained lower back or side pain. Cloudy or foul-smelling urine. Stress incontinence. Urinary or gastric retention. Glaucoma.
Consider other causes of frequent urination (eg, UTI, diabetes, early pregnancy). Unexplained weight loss. Hepatic or renal impairment. Reevaluate if condition worsens or no improvement after 2 weeks. Nursing mothers.
Additive effects with alcohol, other anticholinergic drugs. Caution with antibiotics (eg, erythromycin, clarithromycin) or antifungals (eg, ketoconazole, itraconazole).
Local reactions (eg, itching, rash, redness), sleepiness, dizziness, blurry vision.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Erdafitinib Granted FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Urothelial Carcinoma
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- NSCLC: Pretreatment Weight Loss May Be Linked to Socioeconomic Status
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- Model May Identify Patients With Gastric Cancer Likely To Benefit From Chemotherapy