Generic Name and Formulations:
Prednisolone (as sodium phosphate) 5mg/5mL; sugar-, alcohol- and dye-free; raspberry-flavor soln.
Indications for PEDIAPRED:
Adults and Children:
See full labeling. Initially 5–60mg/day.
Systemic mycoses. Live vaccination.
Tuberculosis. Latent amebiasis. Hypothyroidism. Cirrhosis. Ocular herpes simplex. If exposed to chickenpox or measles, consider prophylactic passive immune therapy. Renal insufficiency. Ulcerative colitis if perforation pending. Diverticulitis. Peptic ulcer. Hypertension. Osteoporosis. Diabetes. Supplement with additional steroids in physiologic stress. Avoid abrupt cessation. Alternate, intermittent or single-daily doses at 8AM minimize adrenal suppression. Monitor weight, growth, fluid and electrolyte balance. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Barbiturates, hydantoins, rifampin may decrease effects. Avoid aspirin in hypoprothrombinemia.
HPA axis suppression, masks infection, increased susceptibility to infection, glaucoma, cataracts, secondary infections, hypokalemia, hypocalcemia, hypernatremia, hypertension, psychic disorders, myopathy, osteoporosis, peptic ulcer, dermal atrophy, increased intracranial pressure, carbohydrate intolerance.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- Nicotinamide and Cancer
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Opioid Prescription Protocol Decreases Opioid Use After Gynecologic Surgery
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole May Be Active in Recurrent Endometrial Carcinoma
- Affordable Care Act Increased Percentage of Insured Patients With Gynecologic Cancers
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole: An Effective First-Line Therapy for Advanced Breast Cancer
- FDA Approves Nilotinib for Pediatric Patients With CML