Generic Name and Formulations:
Polymyxin B sulfate 10000Units, neomycin sulfate 3.5mg, hydrocortisone 10mg; per mL; otic susp.
Indications for PEDIOTIC:
Susceptible infections of external auditory canal, mastoidectomy and fenestration cavities.
Clean ear. 4 drops in ear(s) 3–4 times daily; max 10 days. May use saturated cotton wick.
Clean ear. 3 drops in ear(s) 3–4 times daily; max 10 days.
Otic fungal, tubercular, or viral infections.
Discontinue if sensitization or irritation occur. Perforated eardrum. Chronic otitis media. Reevaluate if no improvement in 1 week. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Antibiotics + steroid.
Local reactions (eg, dermatitis), superinfection, ototoxicity, nephrotoxicity.
Susp—7.5mL (w. dropper)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Erdafitinib Granted FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Urothelial Carcinoma
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- Confronting Racial Disparities in Prostate Cancer Survival Outcomes
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- NSCLC: Pretreatment Weight Loss May Be Linked to Socioeconomic Status
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC