Generic Name and Formulations:
Ciclopirox 8%; topical soln (nail lacquer).
Bausch Health Companies Inc.
Indications for PENLAC:
Mild to moderate onychomycosis of the fingernails and toenails (without lunula involvement) due to Trichophyton rubrum in immunocompetent patients, as part of a comprehensive management program (including professional removal of unattached, infected nails).
Apply thin layer evenly once daily over previous coat(s) to entire nail and surrounding 5mm of skin (preferably at bedtime or 8 hours before washing). If possible, apply to nail bed, hyponychium, and under surface of nail plate when it is free of the nail bed. Remove with alcohol once per week (file and trim nails while nail is free from drug). Repeat this regimen for up to 48 weeks. Improvement may take up to 6 months. Healthcare professional: Remove unattached infected nail as frequently as monthly, trim onycholytic nail, and file excess horny material.
Discontinue if sensitivity or chemical irritation occurs. Immunosuppressed or immunocompromised. HIV positive. Organ transplant recipients. Seizures. Severe plantar (moccasin) tinea pedis. Diabetes, diabetic neuropathy: consider risk of nail care before prescribing. Avoid eyes, mucous membranes. Product is flammable. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Concomitant systemic antifungals for onychomycosis: not recommended. Do not use nail polish or other nail cosmetics on treated nails.
Rash, nail disorders (e.g., shape change, irritation, ingrown toenail, discoloration), local reactions (e.g., burning sensation, erythema).
Nail lacquer—6.6mL (w. applicator)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Study Analyzing Postmarketing Data on Breast Implant Safety Sparks FDA Response
- Higher-Dose Immunoglobulin Replacement Therapy in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Beyond BRCA: New Predisposition Genes Linked to Breast, Ovarian Cancers
- Finding Clinical Trials in Cancer
- Adding Nintedanib Did Not Improve Survival in Lung Cancer Subtype
- The Identification of a Potential Early Plasma Biomarker for Kidney Cancer
- Pembrolizumab Plus Chemotherapy Extended Survival Longer Than Chemotherapy Alone: Study
- Combining Chemotherapy With Checkpoint Inhibitors Extends Overall Survival in ES-SCLC
- In a Head-to-Head Battle, Brigatinib Appears to Best Crizotinib