Generic Name and Formulations:
Mesalamine 250mg, 500mg; controlled-rel caps.
Shire US, Inc.
Indications for PENTASA:
Mildly-to-moderately active ulcerative colitis.
Swallow caps whole or may be opened and entire contents sprinkled onto applesauce or yogurt; consume immediately. 1g four times daily for up to 8 weeks.
Sulfasalazine or aspirin allergy. Renal or hepatic dysfunction. May cause false (+) test results when measuring urinary normetanephrine by liquid chromatography. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, headache, abdominal pain, dyspepsia, rash; acute intolerance syndrome (rare, discontinue if occurs).
Caps 250mg—240; 500mg—120
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Nicotinamide and Cancer
- Opioid Prescription Protocol Decreases Opioid Use After Gynecologic Surgery
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole May Be Active in Recurrent Endometrial Carcinoma
- Affordable Care Act Increased Percentage of Insured Patients With Gynecologic Cancers
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole: An Effective First-Line Therapy for Advanced Breast Cancer
- FDA Approves Nilotinib for Pediatric Patients With CML