Generic Name and Formulations:
Pentostatin 10mg/vial; lyophilized pwd for IV inj after reconstitution; contains mannitol.
Various generic manufacturers
- Ofatumumab-based Consolidation Appears Effective for CLL
- Adding Bevacizumab to Chemoimmunotherapy Improves PFS in CLL
- ASH: Significantly Improved Survival Seen in Hairy Cell Leukemia
- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia/Small Lymphocytic Lymphoma (CLL/SLL)
- Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma (NHL) Treatment Regimens: Extranodal NK/T-cell Lymphoma
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes Treatment Regimens
Indications for Pentostatin:
Active hairy cell leukemia.
Ensure adequate hydration. Give as IV bolus or infuse over 20–30 minutes after dilution. 4mg/m2 every other week. Reevaluate after 6 months; discontinue if complete or partial response not achieved; max duration of therapy 12 months. Withhold dose if ANC <200 cells/mm3; may resume when resolved.
Active infections; treat prior to initiating therapy. Withhold or discontinue therapy if severe rash or neurotoxicity develops. Renal impairment. Monitor and obtain CBCs, liver, and renal function before and during therapy. Pregnancy (Cat. D); avoid use. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Concomitant fludarabine: not recommended. Potentiates vidarabine. Acute pulmonary toxicity and hypotension with carmustine, etoposide, and high dose cyclophosphamide (see literature).
GI upset, fever, rash, fatigue, leukopenia, pruritus, cough, myalgia, chills, headache, abdominal pain, anorexia, asthenia, stomatitis, rhinitis, dyspnea, anemia, pain, sweating, infections, thrombocytopenia.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Metastatic Prostate Cancer Responds to Novel Radiation Therapy
- Clinical Applications of Liquid Biopsies in Cancer
- Two-Drug Combination Superior to Sunitinib in Patients With Untreated Advanced Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Radical Prostatectomy Compared With Watchful Waiting in Localized Prostate Cancer
- Investigational Antiandrogen Drug Delays Metastasis in CRPC
- Treatment Guidelines in Cancer: Assessing Industry Influence on Recommendations
- American Society of Breast Surgeons Recommends Genetic Testing for All Patients With Breast Cancer
- No Benefit Seen From HSCT in Hypodiploid B-ALL
- Patients With CP-CML Deemed Less Likely to Continue Taking Generic Imatinib
- Opinion: Understanding the FDA's Take on Cannabidiol