PEPCID AC OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Famotidine 10mg tabs, gelcaps; 20mg tabs.
McNeil Consumer Healthcare
Indications for PEPCID AC:
Prevention and relief of heartburn, acid indigestion, sour stomach.
Take with water. 10–20mg once or twice daily as needed; max 40mg/day. Prevention: take 10–60 minutes before ingesting problematic food/drinks.
Renal dysfunction. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Do not use with other acid reducers (eg, H2 blockers, acid pump inhibitors). Calcium: reduces absorption of tetracyclines, possibly other drugs.
Tabs 10mg—6, 12, 18, 50, 60, 70, 90; Gelcaps 10mg—6, 30, 50, 60, 70, 90; Tabs 20mg—5, 25, 50, 75; EZ Chews—8, 25, 50; Complete—5, 15, 25, 50
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Erdafitinib Granted FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Urothelial Carcinoma
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- Confronting Racial Disparities in Prostate Cancer Survival Outcomes
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- NSCLC: Pretreatment Weight Loss May Be Linked to Socioeconomic Status
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC