PEPCID AC OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Famotidine 10mg tabs, gelcaps; 20mg tabs.
McNeil Consumer Healthcare
Indications for PEPCID AC:
Prevention and relief of heartburn, acid indigestion, sour stomach.
Take with water. 10–20mg once or twice daily as needed; max 40mg/day. Prevention: take 10–60 minutes before ingesting problematic food/drinks.
Renal dysfunction. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Do not use with other acid reducers (eg, H2 blockers, acid pump inhibitors). Calcium: reduces absorption of tetracyclines, possibly other drugs.
Tabs 10mg—6, 12, 18, 50, 60, 70, 90; Gelcaps 10mg—6, 30, 50, 60, 70, 90; Tabs 20mg—5, 25, 50, 75; EZ Chews—8, 25, 50; Complete—5, 15, 25, 50
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Genetic Counseling Recommended for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Study Analyzing Postmarketing Data on Breast Implant Safety Sparks FDA Response
- Higher-Dose Immunoglobulin Replacement Therapy in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Beyond BRCA: New Predisposition Genes Linked to Breast, Ovarian Cancers
- Despite Promising Trial Results, Skeptics Raise Red Flags About Anlotinib's Efficacy in Heavily Treated NSCLC
- Higher Risk of MGUS in Relatives of Patients With Multiple Myeloma Confirmed
- Brentuximab Vedotin Combo Active in Older Patients With Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Prostate Cancer Drug Resistance Mediated by Epigenetic Changes
- Nilotinib and Dasatinib Confer Similar Outcomes for Chronic-Phase CML