Generic Name and Formulations:
Formoterol (as fumarate) 20mcg/2mL; soln for inh.
Mylan Specialty L.P.
Indications for PERFOROMIST:
Long-term maintenance treatment of COPD-associated bronchoconstriction.
20micrograms (1 vial) by nebulizer twice daily (AM & PM). Use standard jet nebulizer (eg, PARI-LC Plus [with face-mask or mouthpiece]) and air compressor (eg, Proneb Ultra compressor). Does not need to be diluted before nebulization. Do not mix with other drugs.
In patients with asthma without use of a long-term asthma control medication.
LABA increase risk of asthma-related death. Do not initiate in acutely deteriorating COPD. Not for the treatment of asthma. Not for relief of acute symptoms. Prescribe a short-acting, inhaled β2-agonist for acute symptoms; monitor for increased need. Not for use with other long-acting β2-agonists. Do not exceed recommended dose. Cardiovascular disease (esp. hypertension, coronary insufficiency, arrhythmias). Convulsive disorders. Thyrotoxicosis. Hyperresponsiveness to sympathomimetics. Diabetes. Ketoacidosis. Hypokalemia. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Long-acting beta-2 agonist (LABA).
Caution with MAOIs, tricyclics, others that prolong QTc interval (may cause ventricular arrhythmias). Antagonized by β-blockers. K+-depleting diuretics, xanthines, steroids may potentiate hypokalemia. Sympathetic effects potentiated by additional adrenergics (caution).
GI upset, nasopharyngitis, dry mouth, dizziness, insomnia; ECG changes or cardiovascular effects (eg, increased BP, tachycardia; consider discontinuing if occur); hypokalemia, hyperglycemia, metabolic acidosis; hypersensitivity reactions; rarely: paradoxical bronchospasm, increased risk of asthma-related death.
Single-use vials (2mL)—60
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- A Ketogenic Diet as an Adjunct to Cancer Treatment
- Patient-Reported Outcomes in Oncology Expected to Make Regulatory Waves
- Blinatumomab-Ponatinib Salvage Therapy in B-Cell Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia: Case Report of Benefit
- FDA Provides Update on Breast Implant-Associated Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma
- Metastatic Prostate Cancer Responds to Novel Radiation Therapy
- Nivolumab-Ipilimumab Survival Benefit in Advanced RCC Confirmed
- Two-Drug Combination Superior to Sunitinib in Patients With Untreated Advanced Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Adding Chemotherapy to Radiation Post-Radical Cystectomy Improves Survival in Urothelial Carcinoma
- Radiation, Chemotherapy Not Beneficial in Localized Upper Tract Urothelial Carcinoma
- Radical Cystectomy Superior to Trimodal Therapy for Muscle-Invasive Bladder Cancer