PERIDEX ORAL RINSE Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Chlorhexidine gluconate 0.12%; contains alcohol 11.6%.
Indications for PERIDEX ORAL RINSE:
≥18yrs: Start after dental prophylaxis. Rinse with 15mL (undiluted) twice daily (AM & PM) for 30 seconds after brushing teeth; expectorate. Do not rinse with water or other mouthwashes, brush teeth, or eat immediately after use.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Do dental prophylaxis (calculus removal) before starting, then every 6 months. Coexisting gingivitis and periodontitis (effect on periodontitis not known, may cause increased supra- or subgingival calculus). May stain rough surfaces or margins of anterior facial restorations. Pregnancy (Category B). Nursing mothers.
Staining of teeth and other oral surfaces, increase in calculus formation, taste alteration, irritation or changes to oral mucosa (eg, stomatitis, dry mouth, ulceration).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Erdafitinib Granted FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Urothelial Carcinoma
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab Improves Overall Survival, ORR in Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib May Be Effective in BRAF-Mutant Melanoma
- CLL: Venetoclax Plus Rituximab Improves 2-Year PFS
- Confronting Racial Disparities in Prostate Cancer Survival Outcomes
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma