Generic Name and Formulations:
Doxycycline hyclate 20mg; tabs.
Galderma Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for PERIOSTAT:
As an adjunct to scaling and root planing to promote attachment level gain and to reduce pocket depth in patients with adult periodontitis.
Take on an empty stomach with adequate amount of fluid. 20mg twice daily (in AM and PM). May give up to 9 months.
Nursing mothers. Infants. Children.
History of or active oral candidiasis. Monitor blood, renal, and hepatic function in long-term use. Avoid sun and UV light. Pregnancy (Cat.D): not recommended.
Avoid concomitant penicillins, methoxyflurane. Antacids, iron, zinc, calcium, magnesium, urinary alkalinizers reduce absorption. Carbamazepine, barbiturates, phenytoin may decrease effectiveness. Monitor prothrombin time with oral anticoagulants. Oral contraceptives may be less effective.
Photosensitivity, GI upset, rash, blood dyscrasias; rare: hepatotoxicity.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Managing Immune-Related Adverse Events
- PD-1/PD-L1 Inhibitors May Increase the Risk of Hyperprogressive Disease in NSCLC
- Oncology Community Expresses Concern About Medicare Advantage Step-Therapy Policy
- Progressive Telomere Shortening: An Epigenetic Biomarker of Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Predicting Response to Immunotherapy in Late-Stage Melanoma
- "Impressive" CNS Responses With Osimertinib Compared With Standard EGFR-TKIs in Patients With CNS Metastases at Baseline
- Two Independent Variables Found to Be Prognostic in Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma
- Genetic Counseling Recommended for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- Feasibility of Clinical Production of Autologous NKG2D CAR-T
- A Simplified Dose Schedule of Cetuximab as a Maintenance Therapy in Head and Neck Cancer May Reduce Drug Toxicities