Generic Name and Formulations:
Pindolol 5mg, 10mg; tabs.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Pindolol:
Initially 5mg twice daily. May increase after 3–4 wks in 10mg increments; max 60mg daily.
Asthma. Severe bradycardia. 2nd- or 3rd-degree AV block. Overt heart failure. Cardiogenic shock.
Severe COPD. Ischemic heart disease or failure. Renal or hepatic dysfunction. Diabetes. Hyperthyroidism. Surgery. Avoid abrupt cessation. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Hypotension with prazosin, reserpine. Adjust antidiabetic medications. Caution with verapamil, catecholamine-depleting drugs. May block epinephrine, β-agonists. Potentiated by thioridazine.
Muscle pain, insomnia, dizziness, fatigue, anxiety, joint pain, edema, dyspnea, GI upset, paresthesias, chest pain, pruritus, bradycardia, bronchospasm, heart failure or block, angina.
Formerly known under the brand name Visken.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Genetic Counseling Recommended for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Higher-Dose Immunoglobulin Replacement Therapy in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- "Impressive" CNS Responses With Osimertinib Compared With Standard EGFR-TKIs in Patients With CNS Metastases at Baseline
- Study Zeroes in on Cause of Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer
- Higher Doses of Image-Guided Neoadjuvant Radiation Therapy Found to Be Safe in Locally Advanced NSCLC: Study
- Supply Shortages of Bacillus Calmette-Guérin Found to Spur Drug Rationing in Non-Muscle-Invasive Bladder Cancer
- Study Analyzing Postmarketing Data on Breast Implant Safety Sparks FDA Response
- Epacadostat and Pembrolizumab Combo Active in Relapsed NSCLC
- PD-1 Inhibitor Cemiplimab Shows Antitumor Activity in Relapsed NSCLC