Generic Name and Formulations:
Clopidogrel (as bisulfate) 75mg, 300mg; tabs.
Indications for PLAVIX:
To reduce the rate of MI and stroke in patients with: non-ST-segment elevation acute coronary syndrome (unstable angina/non-ST-elevation MI) or acute ST-elevation MI; history of recent MI, recent stroke, or established peripheral arterial disease; see full labeling.
Acute coronary syndrome (give with aspirin): initially give one 300mg loading dose, then continue at 75mg once daily. Recent MI, recent stroke, or established peripheral arterial disease: 75mg once daily without a loading dose.
Active pathologic bleeding (eg, peptic ulcer, intracranial hemorrhage).
CYP2C19 poor metabolizers: diminished effectiveness in those who are homozygous for nonfunctional alleles of the CYP2C19 gene. Perform testing for the CYP2C19 genotype before starting therapy; consider alternative treatment if identified. Increased risk of bleeding. Premature discontinuation increases risk of cardiovascular events; if temporarily discontinued (eg, to treat bleeding or surgery; if possible, interrupt therapy for 5 days before such surgery); restart as soon as possible. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Avoid concomitant CYP2C19 inhibitors (eg, omeprazole, esomeprazole). Caution with concomitant other drugs that increase risk of bleeding (eg, NSAIDs, warfarin, SSRI, SNRI). Avoid concomitant repaglinide; if unavoidable, initiate repaglinide at 0.5mg before each meal; max 4mg/day; monitor glucose frequently.
P2Y12 platelet inhibitor (thienopyridine).
Bleeding (may be fatal), epistaxis, hematuria, bruising, ulcers, rash; hypersensitivity reactions, thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura.
Tabs 75mg—30, 90, 100, 500; 300mg—30, 100
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Erdafitinib Granted FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Urothelial Carcinoma
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab Improves Overall Survival, ORR in Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib May Be Effective in BRAF-Mutant Melanoma
- CLL: Venetoclax Plus Rituximab Improves 2-Year PFS
- Confronting Racial Disparities in Prostate Cancer Survival Outcomes
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma