Generic Name and Formulations:
Peginterferon beta-1a 125mcg; per prefilled pen or syringe; soln for SC inj; preservative-free.
Indications for PLEGRIDY:
Relapsing forms of multiple sclerosis (MS).
Give by SC inj in abdomen, back of the upper arm, or thigh; rotate inj sites. Initially 63mcg on Day 1, increase to 94mcg on Day 15, then 125mcg on Day 29 and every 14 days thereafter. May give analgesics and/or antipyretics for flu-like symptoms.
Monitor for signs/symptoms of hepatic injury. Depression. Suicidal ideation. Consider discontinuing if depression or other severe psychiatric symptoms occur. Seizure disorder. Discontinue if serious allergic reactions occur. Significant cardiac disease; monitor for worsening condition at initiation and during treatment. Risk of thrombotic microangiopathy; discontinue if occurs. Monitor for infections, bleeding, anemia. Myelosuppression. Monitor CBCs with differential and platelets during treatment. Consider discontinuing if new autoimmune disorder develops. Severe renal impairment; monitor. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Inj site reactions (erythema, pain, pruritus), influenza-like illness, pyrexia, headache, myalgia, chills, asthenia, arthralgia; hepatic injury, seizures, anaphylaxis, CHF, hematologic or autoimmune disorders, inj site necrosis (suspend therapy if multiple lesions occur).
To enroll women exposed to Plegridy during pregnancy call (866) 810-1462 or visit https://www.plegridypregnancyregistry.com/.
Single-dose prefilled pen (0.5mL)—2; Single-dose prefilled syringe (0.5mL)—2; Starter Pack (pens and syringes)—2 (63mcg + 94mcg)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Erdafitinib Granted FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Urothelial Carcinoma
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- Confronting Racial Disparities in Prostate Cancer Survival Outcomes
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- NSCLC: Pretreatment Weight Loss May Be Linked to Socioeconomic Status
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC