PRED FORTE Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Prednisolone acetate 1%; oph. susp; contains benzalkonium chloride, sulfites.
Indications for PRED FORTE:
Adults and Children:
Instill 1–2 drops 2–4 times daily. During the initial 24–48hrs, the dosing frequency may be increased if needed.
Fungal, mycobacterial, viral (except herpes zoster) or untreated bacterial infections.
Corneal or scleral thinning. Glaucoma. Myopia. Diabetes. Asthma. Monitor for secondary infections and intraocular pressure in prolonged use. Avoid abrupt cessation. Re-evaluate if no improvement after 2 days. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
May mask or exacerbate infections. Increased intraocular pressure, posterior subcapsular cataract formation, delayed wound healing, corneal perforations, optic nerve damage, defects in visual acuity and fields of vision, allergic reactions.
Mild—5mL, 10mL; Forte—5mL, 10mL, 15mL
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Erdafitinib Granted FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Urothelial Carcinoma
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab Improves Overall Survival, ORR in Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib May Be Effective in BRAF-Mutant Melanoma
- CLL: Venetoclax Plus Rituximab Improves 2-Year PFS
- Confronting Racial Disparities in Prostate Cancer Survival Outcomes
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma