PREVACID 24HR OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Lansoprazole 15mg; e-c delayed-release granules in caps.
Novartis Consumer Health
Indications for PREVACID 24HR:
Frequent heartburn (≥2 days/week). Not intended for immediate relief of heartburn (may take 1–4 days for full effect).
Swallow whole. Take before eating in the AM. ≥18yrs: 15mg once daily for 14 days; may repeat 14-day course every 4 months.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Liver disease. Heartburn >3 months. Chest or shoulder pain. Frequent wheezing. Unexplained weight loss. Nausea/vomiting. Stomach pain. Reevaluate if condition continues or worsens after 14 days. Require >1 course of treatment every 4 months. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
May affect or be affected by blood-thinning agents (eg, warfarin), antifungals, digoxin, theophylline, tacrolimus, mycophenolate mofetil, atazanavir, methotrexate.
Proton pump inhibitor.
Diarrhea, rash, joint pain; discontinue if occur.
Caps—14, 28, 42
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Erdafitinib Granted FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Urothelial Carcinoma
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab Improves Overall Survival, ORR in Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib May Be Effective in BRAF-Mutant Melanoma
- CLL: Venetoclax Plus Rituximab Improves 2-Year PFS
- Confronting Racial Disparities in Prostate Cancer Survival Outcomes
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma