PRIMATENE TABLETS OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Ephedrine HCl 12.5mg, guaifenesin 200mg.
Pfizer Consumer Healthcare
Indications for PRIMATENE TABLETS:
Temporary relief of mild asthma symptoms. Cough.
Do not exceed recommended dose. 1–2 tabs every 4 hours as needed. Max: 12 tabs per 24 hours.
During or within 14 days of MAOIs.
Asthma associated hospitalization. Cardiac disease. Hypertension. Diabetes. Thyroid disease. Seizures. Narrow angle glaucoma. Psychoses. GI or GU obstruction. Consult medical advice if symptoms worsen or do not improve within 60mins, or need 12 tabs in any day, or use >8 tabs/day for more than 3 days/week, or have >2 asthma attacks/week. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Sympathomimetic + expectorant.
Avoid caffeine-containing products, stimulant dietary supplements. Caution with other sympathomimetics (eg, phenylephrine, pseudoephedrine, ephedrine), weight control agents, antidepressants, sedatives.
Nervousness, insomnia, tachycardia, tremor, seizure.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Light Therapy May Prevent Depression During Hospitalization Post-Transplant in Multiple Myeloma
- Re-treatment With Checkpoint Inhibitors in Some Patients with NSCLC May Be Feasible
- TNFi Not Linked to Increased Risk for Cancer Recurrence in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- IL-23 Drives Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer
- Immediate Instillation of Mitomycin C Post-TURBT May Benefit All Patients with Bladder Cancer