PROAIR HFA Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Albuterol sulfate 90mcg/inh; metered-dose aerosol with a dose counter; CFC-free.
Indications for PROAIR HFA:
Adults and Children:
<4yrs: not established. ≥4yrs: 2 inh every 4–6hrs; in some patients: 1 inh every 4hrs may suffice. Exercise-induced bronchospasm: 2 inh 15–30 mins before exercise.
Avoid excessive use. Sensitivity to sympathomimetics. Discontinue if paradoxical bronchospasm or cardiovascular effects occur. Cardiovascular disorders (eg, coronary insufficiency, arrhythmias, hypertension). Diabetes. Hyperthyroidism. Seizure disorders. Reevaluate periodically. Elderly. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
During or within 2 weeks of MAOIs or tricyclics (increased cardiovascular effects); consider alternative therapy. Oral sympathomimetics: not recommended. Antagonized by β-blockers. Monitor digoxin. Caution with non-potassium sparing diuretics (eg, loop or thiazide); monitor.
Headache, tachycardia, pain, dizziness, pharyngitis, rhinitis; hypokalemia, paradoxical bronchospasm, cardiovascular effects, immediate hypersensitivity reactions (eg, rash, urticaria, angioedema).
Inhalation aerosol (w. dose counter)—8.5g (200 inh)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Genetic Counseling Recommended for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Higher-Dose Immunoglobulin Replacement Therapy in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- "Impressive" CNS Responses With Osimertinib Compared With Standard EGFR-TKIs in Patients With CNS Metastases at Baseline
- Study Zeroes in on Cause of Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer
- Higher Doses of Image-Guided Neoadjuvant Radiation Therapy Found to Be Safe in Locally Advanced NSCLC: Study
- Supply Shortages of Bacillus Calmette-Guérin Found to Spur Drug Rationing in Non-Muscle-Invasive Bladder Cancer
- Study Analyzing Postmarketing Data on Breast Implant Safety Sparks FDA Response
- Epacadostat and Pembrolizumab Combo Active in Relapsed NSCLC
- PD-1 Inhibitor Cemiplimab Shows Antitumor Activity in Relapsed NSCLC