Generic Name and Formulations:
Hydrocortisone acetate 30mg; suppositories.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Indications for PROCTOCORT:
Hemorrhoids. Anorectal inflammation. Pruritus ani. Adjunct in chronic ulcerative colitis. Factitial proctitis. Cryptitis.
1 rectally in AM and PM for 2 weeks. More severe cases: 1 rectally 3 times daily or 2 rectally twice daily. Factitial proctitis: use for up to 6–8 weeks.
Tuberculosis. Diverticulitis. Discontinue if irritation develops or in uncontrolled infection. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Local irritation (eg, burning, itching, folliculitis, hypopigmentation), allergic contact dermatitis, secondary infection.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Erdafitinib Granted FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Urothelial Carcinoma
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- Confronting Racial Disparities in Prostate Cancer Survival Outcomes
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- NSCLC: Pretreatment Weight Loss May Be Linked to Socioeconomic Status
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC