PROFILNINE SD Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Coagulation Factor IX complex (human) 500 IU, 1000 IU, 1500 IU; per vial; lyophilized concentrate for IV infusion after reconstitution; contains Factor X, Factor II, Factor VII; preservative-free.
Grifols Biologicals, Inc.
Indications for PROFILNINE SD:
Prevention and control of bleeding in Hemophilia B.
Dosage Required (IU) = Body Weight (kg) × Desired Factor IX increase × 1 IU/kg. Individualize. Max infusion rate: 10mL/min. Mild to moderate hemorrhage: give single dose to increase Factor IX 20–30%. Serious hemorrhage: give daily infusions to increase Factor IX 30–50%. Surgery: increase Factor IX by 30–50% for at least 1 week post-op. Dental extraction: increase Factor IX to 50% immediately prior to procedure; may give additional doses if bleeding recurs.
Not for treating Factor VII deficiency. Contains human plasma; monitor for possible infection transmission. Liver disease, prolonged treatment duration or if undergoing surgery: increased risk of disseminated intravascular coagulation (DIC) and thrombosis. Pregnancy (Cat.C).
Coagulation factor complex.
Urticaria, fever, chills, GI upset, headache, somnolence, lethargy, flushing, tingling; hypersensitivity reactions, thrombosis, DIC.
Report all infections suspected to be transmitted by Profilnine SD to (888) 675-2762.
Single-use vials—1 (w. diluent, supplies)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Erdafitinib Granted FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Urothelial Carcinoma
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- NSCLC: Pretreatment Weight Loss May Be Linked to Socioeconomic Status
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- Model May Identify Patients With Gastric Cancer Likely To Benefit From Chemotherapy