Generic Name and Formulations:
Finasteride 1mg; tabs.
Merck & Co., Inc.
Indications for PROPECIA:
Treatment of male pattern hair loss (androgenetic alopecia) in men only.
1mg once daily.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Women. Children. Women of childbearing potential must not handle crushed or broken tablets. Pregnancy (Cat.X). Nursing mothers.
Increased risk of high-grade prostate cancer. Hepatic dysfunction. Consider doubling PSA in men >41yrs of age without BPH who are undergoing PSA test.
Type II 5 alpha-reductase inhibitor.
Decreased libido, erectile dysfunction, ejaculation disorder (all rare).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Genetic Counseling Recommended for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Higher-Dose Immunoglobulin Replacement Therapy in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- "Impressive" CNS Responses With Osimertinib Compared With Standard EGFR-TKIs in Patients With CNS Metastases at Baseline
- Study Zeroes in on Cause of Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer
- Higher Doses of Image-Guided Neoadjuvant Radiation Therapy Found to Be Safe in Locally Advanced NSCLC: Study
- Supply Shortages of Bacillus Calmette-Guérin Found to Spur Drug Rationing in Non-Muscle-Invasive Bladder Cancer
- Study Analyzing Postmarketing Data on Breast Implant Safety Sparks FDA Response
- Epacadostat and Pembrolizumab Combo Active in Relapsed NSCLC
- PD-1 Inhibitor Cemiplimab Shows Antitumor Activity in Relapsed NSCLC