Prostate Cancer News
The regimen did not improve survival and increased bone fractures.
Cancer occurrence in island Puerto Ricans and Puerto Ricans living in the continental US and Hawaii differ considerably.
In a recently published study, external beam radiation therapy for localized prostate cancer was associated with a 35% increased risk of bladder cancer compared with radical prostatectomy.
Men treated with radical prostatectomy plus radiotherapy for locally or regionally advanced prostate cancer had improved survival but worse adverse events.
Differences in TMB between African and European patients show that "racial mutational disparity is not a technical or computational artifact," according to authors.
Epigenetic changes in the tumor microenvironment may explain why prostate cancer patients develop resistance to androgen signaling deprivation therapy.
Some prostate cancer cells lack androgen receptors, and they proliferate faster than those that express androgen receptors under androgen-deficient conditions.
Recent analyses suggest that lifetime intake and early-life alcohol use may significantly contribute to the development of high-grade prostate cancer.
Stereotactic body radiation therapy achieves good local control of metastases in patients with recurrent prostate cancer following primary treatment.
The effect of age on outcomes in active surveillance is not well reported and requires further study.
First-Line Enzalutamide May Confer a Survival Benefit for Metastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer
Patients may benefit from earlier lines of enzalutamide for the treatment of metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer.
Some prior evidence has linked increased sugar consumption to cancer development, but its impact on prostate cancer is unknown.
This latest approval now makes enzalutamide the only FDA-approved oral medication indicated for both metastatic and nonmetastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer.
The impact of partial brachytherapy on metastasis and disease-specific mortality is unclear.
Focal therapy targets may potentially reduce adverse events and provide better cancer control, but previous studies have been limited in scope.
Treatment with enzalutamide decreased the risk of metastasis or death by 71% in patients diagnosed with nonmetastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer.
In a phase 3 trial, Prostvac-V/F did not significantly prolong overall survival among men with asymptomatic or minimally symptomatic mCRPC.
Abiraterone plus prednisone was associated with significantly greater PSA progression-free survival among patients who are black compared with white patients.
Salvage therapy guided by 68Ga-PSMA11 PET/CT resulted in high biochemical response rates.
A phase 3 trial involving men treated with radiotherapy for intermediate- or high-risk prostate cancer revealed no significant difference in biochemical disease-free survival.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Real-World Study Shows High Response Rates to T-VEC in Early Metastatic Melanoma
- Are Next-Gen Antibody-Drug Conjugates a Path Forward for Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma and Myeloma?
- Using ctDNA to Predict Cancer Recurrence and Guide Therapy Selection
- Ponatinib Tops Bosutinib for Third-Line Treatment of CML in a Comparative Analysis
- Plastics and Cancer
- FDA-Approved Breast Cancer Drug Treatments
- A Trained Dog Smells Early-Stage Lung Cancer With a High Degree of Accuracy
- FDA-Approved Colorectal Cancer Drug Treatments
- Synthetic or Plant-Based Cannabis for Symptom Relief in Patients With Cancer: Do We Have Any Evidence?
- Emetogenic Potential of Antineoplastic Agents
- 20-Year Data Link High-Dose Chemotherapy and Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant to Survival Benefit in High-Risk Early Breast Cancer
- Cabozantinib Shows Promising Activity in Osteosarcoma and Ewing Sarcoma
- Reducing Trastuzumab Duration Lowers Costs by Nearly £10,000 in HER2-positive Breast Cancer
- Resistance Mechanisms Identified for NSCLC Progression With First-Line Osimertinib
- Atezolizumab and Nab-Paclitaxel Prolonged PFS in Metastatic Triple-Negative Breast Cancer