Generic Name and Formulations:
Dornase alfa (recombinant human DNase) 1mg/mL; soln for inh; preservative-free.
Indications for PULMOZYME:
Management of cystic fibrosis in conjunction with standard therapies to improve pulmonary function.
Adults and Children:
<3months: not recommended. Use appropriate nebulizer. Do not dilute. >5yrs: 2.5mg once daily via nebulization; may increase to 2.5mg twice daily (see literature).
For patients <5yrs of age, use only if there is a potential for benefit in pulmonary function or in risk of respiratory tract infection. Use only with recommended nebulizers. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Do not mix with other drugs in nebulizer.
Pharyngitis, voice alteration, laryngitis, rash, chest pain, conjunctivitis.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Nicotinamide and Cancer
- Opioid Prescription Protocol Decreases Opioid Use After Gynecologic Surgery
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole May Be Active in Recurrent Endometrial Carcinoma
- Affordable Care Act Increased Percentage of Insured Patients With Gynecologic Cancers
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole: An Effective First-Line Therapy for Advanced Breast Cancer
- FDA Approves Nilotinib for Pediatric Patients With CML