Generic Name and Formulations:
Diphtheria and tetanus toxoids, acellular pertussis; aluminum phosphate adsorbed + inactivated poliovirus vaccine; susp for IM inj; contains 2-phenoxyethanol, and residual amounts of formaldehyde, glutaraldehyde, bovine serum albumin, neomycin, polymyxin B; preservative-free.
Sanofi Pasteur, Inc.
Indications for QUADRACEL:
Active immunization against diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, and poliomyelitis in children 4–6yrs of age: as 5th dose in DTaP series or as 4th or 5th dose in the IPV series following 4 doses of Pentacel and/or Daptacel.
<4yrs or >6yrs: not established. 4–6yrs: Each dose is 0.5mL IM, given once into deltoid muscle.
Anaphylaxis associated with any previous dose or component. Encephalopathy within 7 days of a previous pertussis-containing vaccine. Progressive neurologic disorders (eg, infantile spasms, uncontrolled epilepsy, or progressive encephalopathy).
Fever (≥105°F within 48 hours), persistent inconsolable crying (≥3 hours within 48 hours), shock (within 48 hours), seizures (within 3 days), Guillain-Barre Syndrome (within 6 weeks) of previous tetanus toxoid-containing vaccine. Immunocompromised. Have epinephrine inj (1:1000) available. Pregnancy (Cat.C).
Concomitant vaccines: see full labeling. Immunosuppressants (eg, radiation, chemotherapy, high-dose steroids): may get suboptimal response.
DTaP + IPV.
Inj site reactions (eg, pain, increase in arm circumference, erythema, swelling), mylagia, malaise, headache, fever.
Single-dose vials (0.5mL)—10
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Erdafitinib Granted FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Urothelial Carcinoma
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab Improves Overall Survival, ORR in Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib May Be Effective in BRAF-Mutant Melanoma
- CLL: Venetoclax Plus Rituximab Improves 2-Year PFS
- Confronting Racial Disparities in Prostate Cancer Survival Outcomes
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma